Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My how time flies - Marley's 4 months already...

We can't believe that Marley is already 4 months old today. It just seems like yesterday that we found out I was pregnant...my how time flies. We have absolutely loved every second of the past 4 months with Marley and we are so excited we get to watch her grow and learn from her daily!

Over the past few days Marley has started to "bat" her eyes (which is absolutely precious I must say), has gotten to where she wants to stand up while you are holding her instead of sitting, follows her bottle and knows exactly when it is time to eat, and she talks, coos, babbles - whatever you would like to call it, constantly. The best part of it all is the big smile that Marley always has on her face! We are absolutely in love with her.

We took Marley to the doctor today for her 4 month check-up and shots. Marley did great. She talked and smiled the entire time the nurse and doctor was in there with us and she only cried for a few seconds when she got her shots! Bless her heart; I think she has had more shots in the past 4 months than I have my entire life.

Here is Marley's stats as of today:

Weight: 13lbs 2oz. - 20 percentile
Length: 24 1/2 inches - 30 percentile
Head: 40.5 cm - 12%

Marley checked out wonderfully! She is pretty much right on target and what she hasn't quite yet accomplished is because she was so early, but she will get there with time.

Well I am leaving for Phoenix this Friday for a conference and will not be back until next Thursday. I am going to miss Marley and Rob terribly, but I know that Marley will be in wonderful hands and that I have no worries. If Marley wasn't such a good baby I would definitely be worried, but since Rob is so hands on and knows her exact routine I know he will do great! They are going to have so much fun together. I will update the blog after I get back to let you know exactly how it goes!

Until then, thanks for taking the time to check up on our little bugs progress!

3 comments:

  1. Marley's such a happy baby! I'm so glad her appointment went well! Love ya'll, Kriston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the sweet comment KT! We love ya'll too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lindy,
    I found your blog through Kriston's. WOW! It seems like just the other day she was emailing us that you had Marley. I know you are really enjoying your time with her. She is such a cutie! I hope your trip to Phoenix went well!
    Cat

    ReplyDelete