Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The first of many....

Well little Miss Marley got to spend the night with her Nana and Papa on Valentines (she was 16 weeks 1 day). This was the first time she had ever been away from Rob and I at the same time, and the first time that I had ever been away from her (over night). Rob and I went to dinner, Aubrey's for a few drinks and then came home. We could not believe how quite it was at home without her. Even when she is sleeping we still hear the monitor or something. We definitely like the noises she makes; better than the silence without her, she just brings so much life, happiness and joy to our home! Rob and I had a great time and enjoyed our time together, but were definitley ready to have Marley back home. We were at mom and dad's by 8:30am Sunday morning to get her. Nana and Papa said she did great and that she was a little angel! She is truly a happy and easy baby - we are so blessed!

I am sure this was just the first of many over night visits with Nana and Papa! Before we know it she will be calling her Nana and Papa asking them to come and get her so she can spend the night like I did with my grandparents! I am sure those days will be here before we know it!

3 comments:

  1. hey it took me 2 years to get an overnight date with no kids!!! its weird b/c you think you want it so bad, but all you do is talk about the kids and wonder what they are doing every minute you are away...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I just know Marley and Ellison will want to stay at Nana and Papa's!! Ellison's still gearing up for her overnight visit! Until then, she's giving Mommy a run for her money while Daddy is gone! Ha, Ha! Love you! Kriston

    ReplyDelete
  3. We didn't get an overnight alone until a couple of months ago and Karlee is 2 years old. Nathan said he just wasn't ready for her to have overnights away. I'm glad you started early so now she will be used to it.

    ReplyDelete