Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A year ago today...


On June 13, 2008 (I was 17 weeks pregnant) I called Dr. Schwarz (my old "girly doctor") to see if she would do an ultrasound for us to try and see what we were having since it was Rob's birthday and because Father's day was 2 days away. She said for us to come in at noon (which was her lunch break) and she would try and see if she could tell. I immediately called Rob and told him to meet me at the doctor's office at noon and he said is everything ok, what's going on and I told him that we could possibly find out the sex of our baby. I remember Rob's voice, he was so excited, he almost sounded like a little kid at Christmas time. Once we got to the doctor's office Dr. Schwarz kept looking around and talking for what seemed like forever (ok it was like 25 minutes) but since the baby was being so active it was hard for her to be 100% sure. Dr. Schwarz said she would bet her car that we were having a girl. We were so excited but since we were not 100% sure we still had to wait until June 23, 2008 for the definite answer.

On June 23, 2008 (I was 18 weeks 3 days pregnant) Rob and I went to see my OB/GYN, Dr. Schroeder for our anatomy ultrasound. We got to see all of the baby's body parts and once again the baby was very active. Rob and I were both prepared to hear boy or girl, either way it didn't matter to us as long as the baby was healthy. At the end of the ultrasound the nurse said "would ya'll like to know what ya'll are having" (and I remember Rob grabbing my hand) and we both said yes. She said.....it's a girl. I remember looking at Rob with a tear running down my face and he had the biggest smile imaginable. I looked at the nurse and said are you sure and she said yes it's definitely a girl. We were so excited and couldn't believe that we actually knew what we were having. From this point forward everything felt and seemed so real and our little bug was no longer baby Edwards but little Miss Marley Jo!

I think what meant the most to me was that I got to name my little girl after my nana and my best friend (Betty Jo Durham). My nana passed away unexpectedly 3 months before Rob and I got married (5 years ago) and I truly believed that we had a girl for a reason. Marley Jo is already so much like my Nana and she is still so little. I know that my Nana is watching over little Miss Marley Jo and is so proud of her and the parents that Rob and I have became. I can only imagine what it would be like if my nana was still with us today. I can not wait until Marley is older so I can tell her all about her wonderful "great" nana. There is not a day that goes by that I do not think or talk about my nana and I am so glad that I will have Marley to share all of these stories with!

Time sure does fly... I can't believe that a year ago today we found out we were having a baby girl - little Miss Marley Jo and can't believe that she will be 8 months old tomorrow. We love our little bug and couldn't imagine our lives without her! We are definitely blessed to have such a wonderful daughter.

1 comment:

  1. I just love the outfit and I absolutely love the baby rolls!!! I can't believe she is 8 months already - she sure doesn't look like she was a preemie. She really is growing up so very fast and from what I hear you guys are enjoying every moment of it. I can relate to the time I found out we were having a girl. I actually had tears streaming down my face. I was both shocked and excited. For some reason I thought for sure we were having a boy. Now having a little girl, I can't imagine it any other way. Keep the photos coming!

    ReplyDelete